For my birthday I wanted to take advantage of the traffic light I was given some time before. My brother was doing all the music (http://www.saintjude.com.au/) so I thought I would build the stage lights.
And I have 2 days before my birthday, and only a few hours... what to do?
- Traffic lights
- I was given one from an old project
- We had an old (fake) one for a project from 30 years ealier
- Arduino to control them - http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/bbb-kit
- SSR - 6 SSRs to control the lights - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SY4080&keywords=solid+state+relay&form=KEYWORD
- (optional) LEDs and Resistors to see feedback
- (optional) switch for mode
- (optional) POT for speed control
- Box to put it in
Note: This project controls 240 volts directly - which requires extra skill, extra safety, and in some countries extra training/certificate first.
- Mode switch
- Test - step through each light (make sure all connected etc)
- Random - randomly go through a set of sequences (good for parties)
- Traffic lights - operate like real traffic lights.
- Speed control
- How fast should it go?
Of course this could be used to control any lights, or even traffic lights on your train set.