Why Open Source
I program the majority of my code outside of my primary job as open source. In my primary job I write some open source, and use open source for all of my development, tools and servers.
Here are some really good resources on Open Source - and wny...
- Open Source Victoria - A great Victorian Initiative - http://www.osv.org.au/
- Free Software Foundation - true FREE software (not just the money) - http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
- Open Source Initiative - Great place for commercial implications - http://www.opensource.org/
Open Source Development Areas
Here are the areas of O.S. (Open Source) (or use the sidebar):
- O.S. Tools - Misc. Tools, test code etc (XXX TODO)
- O.S. Perl Module - Mostly modules.
- Debian - stuff, helpers etc for Debian.
- Apache - Apache modules.
- Linux - Some of the linux section is configuration or other information, not just code.