A quick test / terminal Arduino I built.
- Box an arduino, so my kids don't keep kicking the wires
- 4+ inputs
- LCD display
I also built another one for Ethernet - see Arduino EthernetLCD
- TODO - photo
- TODO - Sketch for Analog input to LCD
- Take one old Backup tape case
- One dremel
- About 20 minutes
This is rough, as I did not have much time - but it does the job. Nice thing is it is very easy to change, open etc. I can even leave it open with metre connected.
- Freetronics Eleven (Arduino Uno compat)
- Async WiShield (no longer made unfortunately - looking at alternatives)
- I2C LCD (handy, just 2 wires)
- 5 buttons (resistor network analog input)
For this project I also need to add:
- Temperature sensor
- Piezo speaker
Analog Input to LCD
To get the values for the analog resistor network for my buttons, I wrote up this quick sketch.
See Arduino EBL